Saturday, February 18, 2012

Winners of Cross Assault

The Winners have been announced
If you haven't heard yet, the winners of the competitve fighting game online reality show, "Cross Assault", have been announced. Among the people that I'm most excited about are Dr. Sub-Zero for team Street Fighter and Tasty Steve for team Tekken. I know most new players don't even know who Dr. Sub-Zero AKA Rockefeller is. He was the best Urien in America when he played Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike in his prime. On top of that, he has to be one of the best commentators I've ever heard and I'm so upset that he didn't commentate for any of the new fighting games. His 3s (third strike) commentary was very R rated and with on the spot wit that is only rivaled by stand up comedians, IMO. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if one day he decides to do comedy and makes it big. His self-loathing style is too funny to miss out on. Trust me, after this show, everyone will know who Dr. Sub-Zero is, especially the girls on the show that are gonna have to take all of his triple x humor.

The other person I'm excited about is Tasty Steve because he's a friend of mine. He used to live in St.Louis and play a lot of Tekken and Guilty Gear so he's much more OG than the Wednesday Night Fight stream tends to make him look. I remember when he was about to leave STL sayin, "Man, I'm gonna be at every WNF, believe me man, I'm gonna be all over that shit."  Sure enough, as soon as Steve got out there, he's already commentating with James Chen and Ultra David. I was pretty nervous for him at first and I was thinking, okay Steve, just be you and say all the funny ass shit you usually say. Once Steve felt comfortable (didn't take long) his tounge started flying and he was making Ultra David and James Chen laugh so hard, you could hear them blowin their mics out trying to catch their breath. The stream chat then blows up with LOL's. After thirty minutes, people wanted more and more Steve, and I knew he was an instant legend. However, Steve isn't just a commentator, he's a solid player too. Regardless of who wins the show, I hope to see Steve become a top player at this game. He's got an EVO champ on his team, I hope he picks the shit outta KOR's brain. GOOD LUCK STEVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment